Tabs

April 22, 2015

Teacher Binder Mayhem!

I'll tell you what, I love me some technology.......until technology turns on you!!!

DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNNN

Last night I was shopping on TeachersPayTeachers for some teacher binder ideas. I figured, as a newbie, I am bound to forget some important and helpful forms that will keep me from losing my head throughout my first year teaching. This led me to the thought:

"Hey, there are some fab-tabulous teachers out there willing to share their stuff! Why not find some teacher binders on TPT and go from there!"

So that's exactly what I did. I found two great binders that I purchased (with a gift certificate). The goal was to take pages from each one and combine them into the perfect binder for me!

The first binder I bought belonged to the wonderful Julie Amick/Jackson over at EducatingEveryone4Life.

Her binder was FULL of forms and pages that were designed well and some that I would have forgotten to include completely:
RTI Forms
Parent Contact Logs
Weekly Lesson Plan Pages
Etc...
You can check this binder out here on her TPT page!

The other binder I found was just flat out cute. Keri Brown over at Enchanted Kinder Garden did a fabulous job creating her teacher binder with adorable colors and the chevron pattern. My favorite pages from her binder included:
Yearly Calendar (It's only 2014-2015, though.)
IEP/504 Page
Scope & Sequence
etc...
You can check out her binder on TPT here. :-)


Did you notice the pattern on both of these binders???
Nahhhhh, I don't even LIKE chevron... ;-P

Anywho... So I bought these two binders and began to combine them into one, picking and choosing pages and editing them all to perfectly fit my style. It was a lot of tedious work, however, because I even had to change all the dates on the calendar. But nonetheless, it was coming along nicely and I was very excited for how it was turning out.

Now, this is the "DUN-DUN-DUN" part...

After about 5 hours of editing, I decided to go on to bed. I had saved the file hundreds of times throughout the process to ensure I didn't lose it, but that will have proved to be pointless!!!

After I closed out and began to gather my things for bed, I decided to open it one last time... Only... It Didn't... Open... My binder...

IT OPENED THE ORIGINAL, UNEDITED, BINDER!

I lost my marbles, people. Absolutely lost my marbles. My binder was GONE! I was so mad that I decided to use a JEANS coupon at work today to make me feel better (and you know what, it did!)

*SIGH*

Back to the drawing board I go.... Or maybe I wont. Being productive is overrated! I think I'll take a night off from preparing for next year! What do you think??? :-)

Please don't forget to visit Julie and Keri's blogs and TPT stores! They do great work!

Enchanted Kinder Garden
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment